PRS-812 Resistance Meter Set
- Accurate Wide Range Resistance Measurements: 0.1 Ω to 9.9×1012 Ω with overall nominal accuracy <±5%
- Variable Voltage 0.1 mv to 9.99 V for low resistance measurements
- Constant Test voltages 10V and 100V for specification measurements to meet international and domestic ESD measurement standards
- Auto Resistance Range Control
- Auto Test Voltage Control
- Automatic Electrification Period adjustment to obtain most accurate measurements
- 80 Data Point Memory
- Fast and Flexible
Wide Range. Accurate. Portable.
The PRS-812 is a wide range portable constant voltage resistance instrument designed for dedicated ESD Auditors and professionals. The PRS-812 is a cost effective choice for those ESD professionals who require outstanding accuracy and performance, but do not require data downloading.Like its big brother the PRS-801, the PRS-812 has an outstanding performance combination of measurement speed, wide range and accuracy. Its constant test voltage system is extremely stable and consistent with lab level, bench top instruments.
The PRS-812’s accurate wide range of 0.1 to 9.9×1012 ohms, offers exceptional flexibility in measurement applications. In effect, it is 3 instruments in one because it functions as:
- A low resistance range instrument for measurements from 0.1 to 1.0×104 ohms. Most competitive instruments do not measure accurately at or below 1.0×103 ohms. Thus, the typical ESD practitioner must carry a DMM for low resistance checks of ground connections.To ensure-field accuracy, the PRS-800CC Calibration Shunt is used to confirm and adjust the accuracy of its 0.1 to 10 ohm resistance range.
- A wide range audit instrument that meets and exceeds requirements for ANSI/ESD S20.20 and TR53 periodic verification (audit) procedures from 1.0×103 to 1.0×1011 ohms.Measurement guidelines require accurate measurements from one decade below to one decade above the resistance requirements of a facility’s ESD program. The PRS-812 easily exceeds this requirement by as much as 2 decades, depending on program requirements.
- Precision high resistance instrument for Packaging measurements to S541 Standards, for material and product testing, and acceptance verification. Few competitive instruments can measure accurately up to or beyond 1.0×1011 ohms, while the PRS-812 comfortably measures up to 1.0×1012 ohms.
Connect to Virtually any 2-wire Fixture or electrode configuration.
The PRS-812’s simple ¾ inch terminal spacing provides connectivity to a variety of electrodes and fixtures.
- Terminal design allows use of mechanically shielded or non-shielded banana plug leads
- BNC adapters with ¾ inch spacing mount directly to the PRS-812 terminals for measurements with wide range probes and fixtures
Measurement Speed: Electrification Period
Along with the PRS-801, the PRS-812 is one of the fastest measurement instruments in today’s precision measurement market. Laboratory tests confirm the PRS-812 can measure from 0 to 1.0×1012 ohms in 2.5 seconds. Thus, its specified electrification period (EP) is 8 seconds in accordance with ANSI/ESD STM11.11 Surface Resistance of Planar Materials. Furthermore, its EP is automatically adjusted to insure a stable measurement is displayed.
Multiple Modes of Operation