PRS-801B Resistance System
- Accurate Wide Range Resistance Measurements: 0.01 Ω to 2.0×1014 Ω with overall nominal accuracy <±5%; Maximum range 2.0×1014 Ω
- Variable Voltage 0.1 mv to 9.99 V for low resistance measurements
- Constant Test voltages 10V and 100V for specification measurements to meet international and domestic ESD measurement standards
- Auto Resistance Range Control
- Auto Test Voltage Control
- Uses rechargeable Li-ion batteries
- 999 Data Point Memory
- Download to Excel® in batches or individual measurements with Prostat Connect 2.0
Wide Range. Accurate. Portable.
The PRS-801B’s wide range offers the maximum flexibility in measurement applications. In effect, it is 3 instruments in one because it functions as:
- A low resistance range instrument for measurements from 0.01 to 1.0×104 ohms. Most competitive instruments do not measure accurately at or below 1.0×103 ohms. Thus, the typical ESD practitioner must carry a DMM for low resistance checks of ground connections. To ensure-field accuracy, the PAS-853S Test Lead Shunt is used to remove any resistance in the test leads and get the most accurate reading.
- Wide range audit instrument to meet ANSI/ESD S20.20 and TR53 procedures from 1.0×103 to 1.0×1011 ohms. Measurement guidelines require accurate measurements from one decade below to one decade above the resistance requirements of a facility’s ESD program. The PRS-801B easily exceeds this requirement by as much as 3 decades, depending on program requirements.
- Precision high resistance measurement instrument for Packaging to S541 Standards, material and product testing and acceptance verification. Few competitive instruments can measure accurately up to or beyond 1.0×1011 ohms, while the PRS-801B comfortably measures up to 2.0×1014 ohms. There are no audit instruments or laboratory bench top instruments that perform in the PRS-801B’s wide range.
Connect to Virtually any 2-wire Fixture or electrode configuration. The PRS-801B’s simple ¾ inch terminal spacing provides connectivity to a variety of electrodes and fixtures.
- Terminal design allows use of mechanically shielded or non-shielded banana plug leads
- BNC adapters with ¾ inch spacing mount directly to the PRS-801B terminals for measurements with wide range probes and fixtures
- An instrument reference allows use of a third wire instrument reference to minimize effects of extraneous fields on precision fixture measurements
Measurement Speed: Electrification Period
Multiple Modes of Operation
Constant Test Voltages
PRS-801B has three Test Voltages ranges that provide stable test references for repeatable measurements. In AUTO mode, the instrument automatically selects the proper test voltage for the resistance being measured.
- <10 Volts: 0.01 to 9.99x103 Ω <10V is variable across this range from 0.1 mV to 9.99V
- 10 Volts – Constant Voltage under Load Constant at 1.0×104 to 9.99×105 Ω
- 100 Volts – Constant Voltage under Load Constant at 1.0×106 to 2.0×1014 Ω
High Quality Test Leads
Direct Data Download with Included Software
Not only does the PRS-801B make accurate measurements quickly, it documents measurement data immediately or in batch downloads to your Excel® Spreadsheet program. This minimizes transposition mistakes and speeds up precision measurements. The included Prostat CONNECT 2.0 software is easy to load and use. The PRS-801B connects to your computer’s USB port using the provided USB cable.
- In the Auto Connect mode, you can control the PRS-801B measurement sequence so that each data point is downloaded to the spreadsheet at the conclusion of each measurement. The Spreadsheet cursor automatically moves to the next data entry cell in preparation for the subsequent measurement.
- Once as many as 999 data points are stored in the PRS-801B’s memory, they can be downloaded to a spreadsheet at a later time. Each data point will be placed in its own spreadsheet cell.
- When CONNECT 2.0 is used, a backup Text file is maintained for every measurement set, its date, time and location should you desire.
- The CONNECT 2.0 utility is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows from XP all the way to Windows 10.
Automatic Mode (Default): 0.01 volts to 10 volts Variable 1.0E-1 to 1.0E+4 Ohms
10 volts: ± <0.2 volts 1.0E+4 to <1.0E+6 Ohms 100 Volts: ± <2.0 volts 1.0E+6 to 2.0E+14 Ohms Manual Mode: 0.01 volts to 10 volts Variable 1.0E-1 to <1.0E+5 Ohms 10 volts: ± <0.2 volts 1.0E+2 to 1.0E+9 Ohms 100 volts: ± <2.0 volts 2.0E+5 to 2.0E+14 Ohms
Multi-function 2-5/8” x 1-5/8” Liquid Crystal Display with 0.5″ digit height.
Displays 3-1/2 digits in Ohms, or 1.0EXX in exponential format.
Ohms Display indicators: Ω, KΩ, MΩ, GΩ and TΩ. Includes 19-segment analog scale (1-10 with 0.5 indication) with x1, x10, & x100 multipliers.
Number of Data Points in Memory (0 – 999).
Automatic Electrification Time (seconds), or Time required to Manually obtain steady state measurement.
Displays data HOLD, BATTERY status, MIN, MAX, AVG, REC and Test Voltage (<10, 10, or 100 V)
Colors (RED, GREEN, YELLOW/ORANGE, or Blank/OFF)
|Resistance Range||Electrification Period|
|0.01 to <1.00E+06 Ohms||3.0 seconds|
|1.00E+06 to <1.00E+12||8.0 seconds|
|1.00E+12 and greater||180 seconds|
Note: Electrification period varies based on conditions & material stability.
OPEN CIRCUIT CURRENT (I)
RESISTANCE RANGE SELECT
Calculates and Displays Minimum, Maximum and Average of data stored in Memory Register.
USEFUL MODES OF OPERATIONS
The instrument automatically selects and adjusts test voltage, resistance range, electrification period, then displays and Holds the measurement. The displayed measurement is the average of eight consecutive measurements, all within ±5% of each other. The measurement is “saved” in the Memory Register by pressing RESET. The instrument is now ready for the next measurement.
Allows operator to select resistance decade, test voltage and electrification period (EP).
Same as Auto Mode with following exceptions:
– Allows operator to select starting resistance decade
– Always starts measurement from the last measurement value without resetting to zero. This extends battery life & speeds up measurement sequence.
DATA LOG & CALCULATION
- PRS-801B Resistance Meter
- 800LB 10 foot Shielded Test Lead – Black
- 800LR 10 foot Silicone Test Lead – Red
- PRS-801SSL Shielded Test Lead
- 800TVL High Resistance Voltage Test Lead
- PAS-853S Test Lead Shunt
- PTB-915 Audit Test Bed
- PRS-801BC Bulldog Clip
- PSI-870MAC Metal Clip (2)
- 800B-001 AC/DC Power Supply
- 800B-002 Micro USB Cable