PRS-801 Resistance System Set
- Accurate Wide Range Resistance Measurements: 0.1 Ω to 2.0×1014 Ω with overall nominal accuracy <±5%; Maximum range 2.0×1014 Ω
- Variable Voltage 0.1 mv to 9.99 V for low resistance measurements
- Constant Test voltages 10V and 100V for specification measurements to meet international and domestic ESD measurement standards
- Auto Resistance Range Control
- Auto Test Voltage Control
- Automatic Electrification Period adjustment to obtain most accurate measurements
- 80 Data Point Memory
- Download to Excel® in batches or individual measurements
- Fast and Flexible
Wide Range. Accurate. Portable.
The PRS-801’s wide range offers the maximum flexibility in measurement applications. In effect, it is 3 instruments in one because it functions as:
- A low resistance range instrument for measurements from 0.1 to 1.0×104 ohms. Most competitive instruments do not measure accurately at or below 1.0×103 ohms. Thus, the typical ESD practitioner must carry a DMM for low resistance checks of ground connections.To ensure-field accuracy, the PRS-801CC Calibration Shunt is used to confirm and adjust the accuracy of its 0.1 to 10 ohm resistance range.
- Wide range audit instrument to meet ANSI/ESD S20.20 and TR53 procedures from 1.0×103 to 1.0×1011 ohms.Measurement guidelines require accurate measurements from one decade below to one decade above the resistance requirements of a facility’s ESD program. The PRS-801 easily exceeds this requirement by as much as 3 decades, depending on program requirements.
3. Precision high resistance measurement instrument for Packaging to S541 Standards, material and product testing and acceptance verification.
Few competitive instruments can measure accurately up to or beyond 1.0×1011 ohms, while the PRS-801 comfortably measures up to 2.0×1014 ohms.
There are no audit instruments or laboratory bench top instruments that perform in the PRS-801’s wide range.
Connect to Virtually any 2-wire Fixture or electrode configuration.
- The PRS-801’s simple ¾ inch terminal spacing provides connectivity to a variety of electrodes and fixtures.
- Terminal design allows use of mechanically shielded or non-shielded banana plug leads
- BNC adapters with ¾ inch spacing mount directly to the PRS-801 terminals for measurements with wide range probes and fixtures
- An instrument reference allows use of a third wire instrument reference to minimize effects of extraneous fields on precision fixture measurements
Measurement Speed: Electrification Period
Multiple Modes of Operation
Constant Test Voltages
PRS-801 has three Test Voltages ranges that provide stable test references for repeatable measurements. In AUTO mode, the instrument automatically selects the proper test voltage for the resistance being measured.
- <10 Volts: 0.1 to 9.99x103 Ω <10V is variable across this range from 0.1 mV to 9.99V
- 10 Volts – Constant Voltage under Load Constant at 1.0×104 to 9.99×105 Ω Target calibration is to within ± 0.01 volt, and always within ±1%
- 100 Volts – Constant Voltage under Load Constant at 1.0×106 to 2.0×1014 Ω Target calibration is to within ± 0.01 volt, and always within ±0.1%
High Quality Test Leads
Direct Data Download with Included Software
Not only does the PRS-801 make accurate measurements quickly, it documents measurement data immediately or in batch downloads to your Excel® Spreadsheet program. This minimizes transposition mistakes and speeds up precision measurements. The included PROSTAT® CONNECT software is easy to load and use. The PRS-801 connects to your computer’s USB port via the included USB 2.0 to RS232 Serial DB9 Converter USB 2.0 to RS232 Serial DB9 Converter.
- In the Auto Connect mode, you can control the PRS-801 measurement sequence so that each data point is downloaded to the spreadsheet at the conclusion of each measurement. The Spreadsheet cursor automatically moves to the next data entry cell in preparation for the subsequent measurement.
- Once as many as 80 data points are stored in the PRS-801’s memory, they can be downloaded to a spreadsheet at a later time. Each data point will be placed in its own spreadsheet cell.
- When PROSTAT CONNECT is used, a backup Text file is maintained for every measurement set, its date, time and location should you desire.
- The PROSTAT CONNECT utility is now compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows from XP all the way to Windows 10.
Automatic Mode (Default): 0.01 volts to 10 volts Variable 1.0E-1 to 1.0E+4 Ohms
10 volts: ± <0.2 volts 1.0E+4 to <1.0E+6 Ohms 100 Volts: ± <2.0 volts 1.0E+6 to 2.0E+14 Ohms Manual Mode: 0.01 volts to 10 volts Variable 1.0E-1 to <1.0E+5 Ohms 10 volts: ± <0.2 volts 1.0E+2 to 1.0E+9 Ohms 100 volts: ± <2.0 volts 2.0E+5 to 2.0E+14 Ohms
Multi-function 2-5/8” x 1-5/8” Liquid Crystal Display with 0.5″ digit height.
Displays 3-1/2 digits in Ohms, or 1.0EXX in exponential format.
Ohms Display indicators: Ω, KΩ, MΩ, GΩ and TΩ. Includes 19-segment analog scale (1-10 with 0.5 indication) with x1, x10, & x100 multipliers.
Number of Data Points in Memory (0 – 80).
Automatic Electrification Time (seconds), or Time required to Manually obtain steady state measurement.
Displays data HOLD, BATTERY status, MIN, MAX, AVG, REC and Test Voltage (<10, 10, or 100 V)
Colors (RED, GREEN, YELLOW/ORANGE, or Blank/OFF)
|Resistance Range||Electrification Period|
|0.1 to <1.0E06 Ohms||<3.0 seconds|
|1.0E06 to <1.0E12||8.0 seconds|
|1.0E12 and greater||15.0 seconds|
Note: Electtrification period varies based on conditions & material stability.
Greater than 35 hours in Automatic Manual
OPEN CIRCUIT CURRENT (I)
RESISTANCE RANGE SELECT
Select Resistance Range in single decades in Manual and Automatic/Manual modes.
Calculates and Displays Minimum, Maximum and Average of data stored in Memory Register.
BATTERY BUSS CUT OFF
USEFUL MODES OF OPERATIONS
The instrument automatically selects and adjusts test voltage, resistance range, electrification period, then displays and Holds the measurement. The displayed measurement is the average of eight consecutive measurements, all within ±5% of each other. The measurement is “saved” in the Memory Register by pressing RESET. The instrument is now ready for the next measurement.
Allows operator to select resistance decade, test voltage and electrification period (EP).
Same as Auto Mode with following exceptions:
– Allows operator to select starting resistance decade
– Always starts measurement from the last measurement value without resetting to zero. This extends battery life & speeds up measurement sequence.
DATA LOG & CALUCULATION
- PRS-801 Resistance Meter
- 800LB 10 foot Shielded Test Lead – Black
- 800LR 10 foot Silicone Test Lead – Red
- PRS-801CIC Computer Input Cable
- PRS-801SSL Shielded Test Lead
- 800TVL High Resistance Voltage Test Lead
- PRS-800CC Calibration Shunt
- PTB-915 Audit Test Bed
- PRS-801TD Utility Software
- PRS-801CON USB 2.0 to RS232 Serial DB9 Converter
- PRS-801BC Bulldog Clip
- PSI-870MAC Metal Clip (2)