PRF-911 Concentric Ring Set
- Used to design materials for Static Control and other Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) applications
- Necessary for the Qualification and Verification of ESD Controlled Packaging Materials to meet current standards
- Measures Surface Resistance per ANSI/ESD STM11.11
- Measures Volume Resistance per ANSI/ESD STM11.12
- Approximates Surface & Volume Resistivity per ASTM D-257
- Incorporates a spring loaded, self-aligning center electrode feature to reduce calibration frequency
- Its Dual Test Bed consists of an Insulated Test Surface for ANSI/ESD STM11.11 Surface Resistance measurements laminated to a Steel Test Plate used for ANSI/ESD STM 11.12 Volume Resistance measurements
- Used with a wide range Resistance Meter and one 5 lb. Electrode. (Instrument and Electrode not included)
Designed originally for flat (planar) packaging materials, this unique portable test fixture will measure Surface and Volume Resistance of virtually any flat material in accordance with current industry standards.These include Surface Resistance per ANSI/ESD STM11.11, and Volume Resistance per ANSI/ESD STM11.12, and will approximate surface and volume resistivity measurements per ASTM D-257.
Note that ANSI/ESD Standards are for materials employed for electrostatic discharge control, while ASTM D-257 is used to assess insulating materials utilized in electrical distribution and power applications.
The PRF-911 Concentric Ring is a low-profile test fixture conceived specifically for use with the Prostat Resistance instruments such as the PRS-801 Resistance System, PRS-812 Resistance Meter and the PAS-853B Resistance Auditing System.The Concentric Ring is an important tool to caluculate surface resistivity and volume resistivity. For example, multiply the surface resistance measurement in ohms by 10 to obtain surface resistivity in ohms/square.
The PRF-911 incorporates a spring loaded, self-aligning center electrode feature. This unusual feature aids in maintaining consistent contact of the fixture’s highly conductive rubber electrode surfaces with materials under test.
This reduces the need for frequent calibration and alignment of the fixture.
The PTB-920 Dual Test Bed consists of an insulated test surface for S11.11 surface measurements laminated to a steel test plate, which is employed for volume resistivity measurements.The four inch diameter steel test bed assembly includes a banana receptacle for instrument connections during volume measurements.