PFM-711A Electrostatic Field Meter
- The Original Dual Range Portable Field Meter
- – Measure in 1 volt/in increments 0 to ±1,999 Volts,
- – Or in 10 V/in increments 0 to ±20,000 Volts
- Chopper Stabilized and Precise
- – Tolerance 0 – ±5,000 Volts/in <±2% error
- – Will not drift in ionized environmentse
- Red “Bulls Eye” ranging lights helps obtain excellent measurements
- Sample “HOLD” Button adds measurement convenience
- Analog Output for real time data output
- Use with Prostat CPM-720A Charge Plate Monitor and PCS-730 Charging Source
- – Allows Measurement Documentation & Data Logging
- – Use with Prostat PGA-710B AutoAnalysis System or X-Y Plotter
- – Analyze Footwear/Flooring Combinations
- – Verify Ionizer Balance and Decay Time Performance
The PFM-711A Field Meter is an accurate electrostatic field measuring device. The PFM-711A circuitry is a digital, electronic chopper design, which allows the instrument to make electrostatic field measurements in areas where ionized air is present.For accurate, repeatable performance, the PFM-711A must be grounded during normal operations. Used by itself, the PFM-711A will measure electrostatic fields emanating from virtually any flat surface or object.
In the KV/INCH range, the PFM-711A will indicate electrostatic field voltage from 0 to ±20,000 volts in 10 volt increments at one inch distance from the charged surface.In the V/INCH range, the instrument measures field density from 0 to ±1,999 volts in 1 volt increments at one inch distance from the charged surface. The instrument is easy to use and its controls are designed for one hand operation.
The PFM-711A meter case is conductive. It provides the ground reference for its measuring circuit. For accurate measurements, it is necessary that the person holding the meter be properly grounded, or the meter has a ground connection made to the metal snap on the case.Ground the case by wearing a functional wrist strap that is properly grounded. Turn the meter on by selecting the desired range. Press the SAMPLE HOLD button down so that it latches in the lower or SAMPLE position, and HOLD is not indicated in the meter display. Adjust the display to zero (0) volts by rotating the ZERO control.
The ranging lights help position the instrument for accurate measurements. Align the front sensor of the PFM-711A Field Meter approximately one inch from the surface or object being measured. Move the instrument toward, or away from the surface until the RED Bulls Eye is focused on the test surface.Once the instrument is properly positioned, the PFM-711A will indicate the electrostatic field measured on its display. If desired, push the Sample/HOLD button (S2) once to lock the indication on the display. The HOLD indication will also appear on the instrument display.
The PFM-711A is the most flexible field meter in the ESD control marketplace. Combined with a variety of accessories, it can perform many different measurements to analyze the static sensitive process or environment.The analog output allows documentation of measurements when used in conjunction with X-Y plotter, analog data recording device, or the Prostat Autoanalysis System. (Recording device not supplied.)