PFK-100B Electrostatic Field Meter Kit
- Measure range & polarity of electrostatic fields in 1 volt or 10 volts increments
- Charges from zero to over 1000 volts in less than 5 seconds
- Balance Ionizers per ANSI/ESD SP3.3 Periodic Verification
- Measure Ionizer Decay time as per ANSI/ESD S3.1 and ANSI/ESD SP3.3.
- Measure Body Voltage Generation and Decay
- Use with a datalogger to record measurements & create reports
- Compatible with the Autoanalysis System
- Accuracy of ± 5%
- Battery Operated
- Includes NIST Calibration Certificate with Data
A Complete Instrument Set for Electrostatic Measurements
With this instrument set you can measure electrostatic fields, analyze ionizer performance and assess the voltage generation of materials, equipment and personnel.
Locate and Measure Static Charge
The battery operated PFM-711B Field Meter is a compact stabilized “electronic chopper” design with accuracy of ±5% at ambient conditions (23ºC and 30%Rh). This advanced design allows it to be used in ionized environments without drifting. It features automatic polarity indication, a measurement “hold” button, low battery indicator, high and low ranges, distance ranging lights for accurate and repeatable measurements, manual zero control and a ground snap. The PFM-711B offers the user two ranges of operation:
- 0 – 1,999V in 1 Volt increments with <±5% error, and
- 0 – 20,000V in 10 Volt increments with <±5% error up to 5kV
With the supplied analog output cable, it can be used in conjunction with an X-Y plotter or any analog data-recording device. The front panel analog output jack provides a 1 volt output corresponding to 10kV, which is independent of the selected meter range and indication.
A Portable Charge Plate Monitor
The CPM-720B Charge Plate Assembly is 3.25 inches square. It attaches to the PFM-711B field meter for ionizer balancing per ANSI/ESD SP3.3 Periodic Verification, voltage or charge generation and voltage suppression analysis.
The CPM-720B 3.25 inch plate has a a capacitance of 19pF.
Charge It Up!
The PCS-730B ±1 kV Charging Source is used to charge the CPM-720B to ±1,000 volts to measure ionizer decay time as required by both ANSI/ESD S3.1 and ANSI/ESD SP3.3.
These three instruments are match calibrated to work together for accurate and efficient auditing.