PFK-100 Electrostatic Field Meter Set
- Measure range & polarity of electrostatic fields in 1 volt or 10 volts increments
- Charges from zero to over 1000 volts in less than 10 seconds
- Balance Ionizers per ANSI/ESD SP3.3 Periodic Verification
- Measure Ionizer Decay time as per ANSI/ESD S3.1 and ANSI/ESD SP3.3.
- Measure Body Voltage Generation and Decay
- Use with a datalogger to record measurements & create reports
- Compatible with the Autoanalysis System
- Accuracy of ± 5%
- Battery Operated
Prostat’s innovative PFK-100 set was the first instrument combination of its kind. It includes Prostat’s unique PFM-711A dual range field meter, the original CPM-720A portable charged plate monitor assembly and PCS-730 ±1 kV charging source.With this instrument set you can measure electrostatic fields, analyze ionizer performance and assess the voltage generation of materials, equipment and personnel.
The battery operated PFM-711A Field Meter is a compact stabilized “electronic chopper” design with accuracy of ±5% at ambient conditions (23ºC and 30%Rh). This advanced design allows it to be used in ionized environments without drifting. It features automatic polarity indication, a measurement “hold” button, low battery indicator, high and low ranges, distance ranging lights for accurate and repeatable measurements, manual zero control and a ground snap. The PFM-711A offers the user two ranges of operation:
- 0 – 1,999V in 1 Volt increments with <±5% error, and
- 0 – 20,000V in 10 Volt increments with <±5% error up to 5kV
With the supplied analog output cable, it can be used in conjunction with an X-Y plotter or any analog data-recording device. The front panel analog output jack provides a 1 volt output corresponding to 10kV, which is independent of the selected meter range and indication.
The CPM-720A Charge Plate Assembly is 3.25 inches square. It attaches to the PFM-711A field meter for ionizer balancing per ANSI/ESD SP3.3 Periodic Verification, voltage or charge generation and voltage suppression analysis.Performace studies indicate the CPM-720A 3.25 inch plate has a strong correlation to the CPM-760A 6 inch Charge Plate Monitor.
The PCS-730 ±1 kV Charging Source is used to charge the CPM-720A to ±1,000 volts to measure ionizer decay time as required by both ANSI/ESD S3.1 and ANSI/ESD SP3.3.These three instruments are match calibrated to work together for accurate and efficient auditing.