CVM-780 Contact Voltmeter
- Measure Voltages on conductors with Pinpoint Accuracy
- A most valuable ESD Tool for Process Analysis Measurements of:
- Tools & Production Aids
- Ceramic Probe Tips allow Accurate Measurement
- Without ESD discharge
- Without RFI
- Without device damage
- Measures actual Potential on any conductor
- Instantly measures Ionizer offset voltage
- Portable, easy to use and accurate
A True Electrostatic Voltmeter
The CVM-780 Contact Voltmeter™ combines the ease of use of a digital voltmeter with the high input impedance and low input capacitance of a true electrostatic voltmeter in a small, portable, battery operated package.Being a true electrostatic voltmeter, not a field meter means that it reads actual voltage, without confusing it with electrostatic field strength, which is quite different.
A Valuable ESD Analysis Tool
The CVM-780 Contact Voltmeter™ is powered by rechargeable Nickel Metal Hydride batteries and is the professional ESD practitioner’s most valuable ESD Analysis Tool. It measures voltages on conductors in the manufacturing process that can make contact with ESD sensitive devices causing Machine Model (MM) ESD events.It easily measures voltages on devices and subassemblies that cause Charge Device Model (CDM) and Charged Board (CBE) ESD events.
Unique Probe Design
The CVM-780 Contact Voltmeter™ uses a unique active probe design which is fully guarded and shielded for minimal environmental interference. It comes supplied with two specially designed ceramic tips and two plated metal tips.The ceramic tips are used to measure voltage on ESDS devices and subassemblies where discharge and production of transmitted EMI and RFI are major concerns.
The Perfect Tip for the Right Measurement
Whenever two metal parts make contact an ESD event that creates EMI and RFI is likely to occur. The CVM-780’s ceramic tips prevent arc discharges that cause disruptive transmitted energy and equipment interference.Metal tips are used to measure machine tools, production aids, chairs, carts and other objects in the static sensitive environment. The ceramic tips are quite strong but brittle and are used only for ESDS devices, while the plated metal tips are very robust and are used to measure non-ESD sensitive tools and equipment, and to perform routine audit measurements.
Easy to Use Instrument
CVM-780 Operation is quite simple:
- Connect the probe assembly to the CVM-780 with supplied cable
- Ground the unit
- Slide the Power switch to the ON position
- Contact the probe tip to the front panel ground plate to adjust display to zero
- Measure object by touching it with the probe tip
Portable, Easy to Use and Accurate
The CVM-780 is designed for general auditing as well as detailed manufacturing process analysis to locate ESD problems and their causes. Use it to measure all critical points in the static sensitive manufacturing process. Until now, revealing the potential for such ESD events has never been possible.The CVM-780 is a must have for the serious ESD Control Team. One can measure electrostatic voltage at virtually any point in the manufacturing process without discharge, without RFI, without device damage.
Portable, easy to use and accurate, the CVM-780 is designed by leading ESD professionals for ESD analysis professionals and practitioners.
- CVM-780 Contact Voltmeter
- CVM-780CC 6 ft. DB-9 Connection Cable
- PFP-861LL 72 inch Green Test Lead
- Q007B Common Point Ground Connector
- 700AC Analog Cable
- PRS-801BC Bulldog Clip
- CVM-780P Probe Assembly
- CVM-780 Universal Battery Charger
- Metal Pins (2)
- Ceramic Pins (2)
- Pin Tool
- PRS-801-WW Electrode Cleaning Wipes (5)
- User Manual