Its constant test voltage system is extremely stable and consistent with lab level, bench top instruments.
The PRS-801’s wide range offers the maximum flexibility in measurement applications. In effect, it is 3 instruments in one because it functions as:
- A low resistance range instrument for measurements from 0.1 to 1.0x104 ohms. Most competitive instruments do not measure accurately at or below 1.0x103 ohms. Thus, the typical ESD practitioner must carry a DMM for low resistance checks of ground connections.
To ensure-field accuracy, the PRS-801CC Calibration Shunt is used to confirm and adjust the accuracy of its 0.1 to 10 ohm resistance range.
- Wide range audit instrument to meet ANSI/ESD S20.20 and TR53 procedures from 1.0x103 to 1.0x1011 ohms.
Measurement guidelines require accurate measurements from one decade below to one decade above the resistance requirements of a facility’s ESD program. The PRS-801 easily exceeds this requirement by as much as 3 decades, depending on program requirements.
- Precision high resistance measurement instrument for Packaging to S541 Standards, material and product testing and acceptance verification.
Few competitive instruments can measure accurately up to or beyond 1.0x1011 ohms, while the PRS-801 comfortably measures up to 2.0x1014 ohms.
There are no audit instruments or laboratory bench top instruments that perform in the PRS-801’s wide range.
Connect to Virtually any 2-wire Fixture or electrode configuration.
The PRS-801’s simple ¾ inch terminal spacing provides connectivity to a variety of electrodes and fixtures.
- Terminal design allows use of mechanically shielded or non-shielded banana plug leads
- BNC adapters with ¾ inch spacing mount directly to the PRS-801 terminals for measurements with wide range probes and fixtures
- An instrument reference allows use of a third wire instrument reference to minimize effects of extraneous fields on precision fixture measurements
The PRS-801 is one of the fastest measurement instruments in today’s precision measurement market. Laboratory tests confirm the PRS-801 can measure from 0 to 1.0x1012 ohms in 2.5 seconds. Thus, its specified electrification period (EP) is 8 seconds in accordance with ANSI/ESD STM 11.11 Surface Resistance of Planar Materials. Furthermore, its EP is automatically adjusted to insure a stable measurement is displayed.
PRS-801 has three Test Voltages ranges that provide stable test references for repeatable measurements. In AUTO mode, the instrument automatically selects the proper test voltage for the resistance being measured.
- <10 Volts: 0.1 to 9.99x103 Ω
<10V is variable across this range from 0.1 mV to 9.99V
- 10 Volts – Constant Voltage under Load
Constant at 1.0x104 to 9.99x105 Ω
Target calibration is to within ± 0.01 volt, and always within ±1%
- 100 Volts – Constant Voltage under Load
Constant at 1.0x106 to 2.0x1014 Ω
Target calibration is to within ± 0.01 volt, and always within ±0.1%
The 30 inch high performance test lead harness is designed for PRS-801 precision high resistance measurements in the 1011 to 1014 range. It includes a shielded (-) negative test lead for accuracy and minimum electrical interference from personnel and equipment. The shield is connected directly to the PRS-801 instrument reference and fixture ground.
- In the Auto Connect mode, you can control the PRS-801 measurement sequence so that each data point is downloaded to the spreadsheet at the conclusion of each measurement. The Spreadsheet cursor automatically moves to the next data entry cell in preparation for the subsequent measurement.
- Once as many as 80 data points are stored in the PRS-801’s memory, they can be downloaded to a spreadsheet at a later time. Each data point will be placed in its own spreadsheet cell.
- When PROSTAT CONNECT is used, a backup Text file is maintained for every measurement set, its date, time and location should you desire.
- The PROSTAT CONNECT utility is now compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows from XP all the way to Win8.
BATTERY CONSUMPTION NOTES
- During Sleep Mode (Main Power Battery Switch ON, unit OFF): 8 – 10ma
Panel key pad is energized and unit is in standby mode.
- During Normal Operations: 108ma
Unit is operating in remote or computer mode
- Computer USB Battery Charge: 100ma
Operating in computer mode and receiving 100ma current from USB port reduces battery drain rate to 8ma.
- Battery Charge from AC/DC Charger: 280ma
Charge battery with Main ON, OFF, or during operations
TEMPERATURE & RELATIVE HUMIDITY SENSOR
Sensor calibration is “fixed” based on materials, components and construction. It combines capacitive-polymer sensing technology with a measurement method that eliminates temperature correction and end user calibration. Once manufactured, the sensor’s calibration is not directly adjusted. The unit performs within parameters ±2% accuracy. Specifications are:
TEMPERATURERange: -30 to + 85°oC (-22°F to 185°F)
Accuracy: ± 0.40 °C (»1 °F)
Response Time: 50 seconds in slow moving air
HUMIDITYOperating Range: 0 – 100 percent (%)
Accuracy: ±2.0% Rh, 0-100% non-condensing
Linearity: ±0.5% Rh
Response Time: 25 sec-slow moving air 25°C (77 °F)
Recovery Time (from Condensation): 10 seconds
Stability: ±0.5% Rh/year
- Microsoft® Windows® XP, Vista, Win7 32-bit, Win7 64-bit, Win8 32-bit, Win8 64-bit, Server 2003, Server 2008 or Server 2012
- 90 MHz Intel Pentium-class processor, or an AMD Opteron, AMD Athlon64 or AMD Athlon XP Processor
- 32 MB of RAM, 96 MB Recommended
- 110 MB of hard disk space required, 40 MB additional hard disk space required for installation (150 MB total)
- 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution display with 256 colors
- Microsoft® Data Access Components 2.6
- Microsoft® DirectX 9b
- Instrument input limits to ± 2 volts
- PRS-801 Resistance Meter
- PRS-800LB 10 foot Silicone Test Lead - Black
- PRS-800LR 10 foot Silicone Test Lead - Red
- PRS-801CIC Computer Input Cable
- PRS-801SSL Shielded Test Lead
- PRS-801TVL High Resistance Voltage Test Lead
- PRS-801CC Calibration Shunt
- PTB-915 Audit Test Bed
- PRS-801BC Bulldog Clip
- PSI-870MAC Metal Clip (2)
- User Manual