Its constant test voltage system is extremely stable and consistent with lab level, bench top instruments.
The PRS-801’s wide range offers the maximum flexibility in measurement applications. In effect, it is 3 instruments in one because it functions as:
- A low resistance range instrument for measurements from 0.1 to 1.0x104 ohms. Most competitive instruments do not measure accurately at or below 1.0x103 ohms. Thus, the typical ESD practitioner must carry a DMM for low resistance checks of ground connections.
To ensure-field accuracy, the PRS-801CC Calibration Shunt is used to confirm and adjust the accuracy of its 0.1 to 10 ohm resistance range.
- Wide range audit instrument to meet ANSI/ESD S20.20 and TR53 procedures from 1.0x103 to 1.0x1011 ohms.
Measurement guidelines require accurate measurements from one decade below to one decade above the resistance requirements of a facility’s ESD program. The PRS-801 easily exceeds this requirement by as much as 3 decades, depending on program requirements.
- Precision high resistance measurement instrument for Packaging to S541 Standards, material and product testing and acceptance verification.
Few competitive instruments can measure accurately up to or beyond 1.0x1011 ohms, while the PRS-801 comfortably measures up to 2.0x1014 ohms.
There are no audit instruments or laboratory bench top instruments that perform in the PRS-801’s wide range.
Connect to Virtually any 2-wire Fixture or electrode configuration.
The PRS-801’s simple ¾ inch terminal spacing provides connectivity to a variety of electrodes and fixtures.
- Terminal design allows use of mechanically shielded or non-shielded banana plug leads
- BNC adapters with ¾ inch spacing mount directly to the PRS-801 terminals for measurements with wide range probes and fixtures
- An instrument reference allows use of a third wire instrument reference to minimize effects of extraneous fields on precision fixture measurements
The PRS-801 is one of the fastest measurement instruments in today’s precision measurement market. Laboratory tests confirm the PRS-801 can measure from 0 to 1.0x1012 ohms in 2.5 seconds. Thus, its specified electrification period (EP) is 8 seconds in accordance with ANSI/ESD STM 11.11 Surface Resistance of Planar Materials. Furthermore, its EP is automatically adjusted to insure a stable measurement is displayed.
PRS-801 has three Test Voltages ranges that provide stable test references for repeatable measurements. In AUTO mode, the instrument automatically selects the proper test voltage for the resistance being measured.
- <10 Volts: 0.1 to 9.99x103 Ω
<10V is variable across this range from 0.1 mV to 9.99V
- 10 Volts – Constant Voltage under Load
Constant at 1.0x104 to 9.99x105 Ω
Target calibration is to within ± 0.01 volt, and always within ±1%
- 100 Volts – Constant Voltage under Load
Constant at 1.0x106 to 2.0x1014 Ω
Target calibration is to within ± 0.01 volt, and always within ±0.1%
The 30 inch high performance test lead harness is designed for PRS-801 precision high resistance measurements in the 1011 to 1014 range. It includes a shielded (-) negative test lead for accuracy and minimum electrical interference from personnel and equipment. The shield is connected directly to the PRS-801 instrument reference and fixture ground.
- In the Auto Connect mode, you can control the PRS-801 measurement sequence so that each data point is downloaded to the spreadsheet at the conclusion of each measurement. The Spreadsheet cursor automatically moves to the next data entry cell in preparation for the subsequent measurement.
- Once as many as 80 data points are stored in the PRS-801’s memory, they can be downloaded to a spreadsheet at a later time. Each data point will be placed in its own spreadsheet cell.
- When PROSTAT CONNECT is used, a backup Text file is maintained for every measurement set, its date, time and location should you desire.
- The PROSTAT CONNECT utility is now compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit version of Windows from XP all the way to Windows 10.
Automatic Mode (Default): 0.01 volts to 10 volts Variable 1.0E-1 to 1.0E+4 Ohms
10 volts: ± <0.2 volts 1.0E+4 to <1.0E+6 Ohms
100 Volts: ± <2.0 volts 1.0E+6 to 2.0E+14 Ohms
Manual Mode: 0.01 volts to 10 volts Variable 1.0E-1 to <1.0E+5 Ohms
10 volts: ± <0.2 volts 1.0E+2 to 1.0E+9 Ohms
100 volts: ± <2.0 volts 2.0E+5 to 2.0E+14 Ohms
Nominal Range Tolerances:
1.0E-1 to 1.0E+1 ohms: ±5% Corrected for Test Lead Resistance
1.0E+1 to 1.0E+12 ohms: ±2.0% with 10-foot Test Leads
1.0E+12 to 2.0E+14 ohms: <30% or ±0.25 Decade with grounded, shielded leads
Multi-function 2-5/8” x 1-5/8” Liquid Crystal Display with 0.5" digit height.
Displays 3-1/2 digits in Ohms, or 1.0EXX in exponential format.
Ohms Display indicators: Ω, KΩ, MΩ, GΩ and TΩ. Includes 19-segment analog scale (1-10 with 0.5 indication) with x1, x10, & x100 multipliers.
Number of Data Points in Memory (0 – 80).
Automatic Electrification Time (seconds), or Time required to Manually obtain steady state measurement.
Displays data HOLD, BATTERY status, MIN, MAX, AVG, REC and Test Voltage (<10, 10, or 100 V)
Colors (RED, GREEN, YELLOW/ORANGE, or Blank/OFF)
|Resistance Range||Electrification Period|
|0.1 to <1.0E06 Ohms||<3.0 seconds|
|1.0E06 to <1.0E12||8.0 seconds|
|1.0E12 and greater||15.0 seconds|
Note: Electtrification period varies based on conditions & material stability.
Greater than 35 hours in Automatic Manual
OPEN CIRCUIT CURRENT (I)
RESISTANCE RANGE SELECT
Select Resistance Range in single decades in Manual and Automatic/Manual modes.
Calculates and Displays Minimum, Maximum and Average of data stored in Memory Register.
BATTERY BUSS CUT OFF
USEFUL MODES OF OPERATIONS
The instrument automatically selects and adjusts test voltage, resistance range, electrification period, then displays and Holds the measurement. The displayed measurement is the average of eight consecutive measurements, all within ±5% of each other. The measurement is “saved” in the Memory Register by pressing RESET. The instrument is now ready for the next measurement.
Allows operator to select resistance decade, test voltage and electrification period (EP).
Same as Auto Mode with following exceptions:
- Allows operator to select starting resistance decade
- Always starts measurement from the last measurement value without resetting to zero. This extends battery life & speeds up measurement sequence.
DATA LOG & CALUCULATION
- PRS-801 Resistance Meter
- PRS-800LB 10 foot Silicone Test Lead - Black
- PRS-800LR 10 foot Silicone Test Lead - Red
- PRS-801CIC Computer Input Cable
- PRS-801SSL Shielded Test Lead
- PRS-801TVL High Resistance Voltage Test Lead
- PRS-801CC Calibration Shunt
- PTB-915 Audit Test Bed
- PRS-801CON USB 2.0 to RS232 Serial DB9 Converter
- PRS-801BC Bulldog Clip
- PSI-870MAC Metal Clip (2)
- User Manual